Consider Becoming a Member Today!
The Women’s Community Foundation (WCF), a local charitable “giving circle” managed by Central Kansas Community Foundation, was established to provide an avenue for women to engage in local philanthropy. Members share a belief that by working with others, instead of alone, they can maximize their efforts within the community. The motto “together, we can accomplish great things”, reinforces the notion that by pooling funds, women donors can make a significant difference in the project/programs they support within Newton and Harvey County, Kansas.
Throughout the past fifteen years, members of this “giving circle” have combined funds granting nearly $260,000 to altruistic causes such as the Agape Resource Center, HOPE Home Repair, Inc., the Harvey County Safe House, Harvey County Homeless Shelter and Newton Meals on Wheels.
Currently, there are six donation levels available allowing a diverse pool of local women the ability to impact the project/programs we support in Newton and Harvey County. Donations received before September 1, 2016 will be included in the 2016 Grant Cycle.
- Premier Membership. Donation level of $1,000 or more, includes attendance and recognition at the annual membership meeting, voting rights and the opportunity to participate on a committee. The only level of membership eligible for a symbolic gift*.
- Full Membership. Donation level of $525 – $999, includes attendance at the annual membership meeting, voting rights, and an opportunity to participate on a committee.
- Junior Membership. Donation level of $300, for those 40 years old or younger, includes attendance at the annual membership meeting, voting rights and the opportunity to participate on a committee.
- Miss Membership. Donation level of $125, includes attendance at the annual membership meeting, voting rights, and the opportunity to participate on a committee.
- Contributing Membership. For those interested in donating through the WCF giving circle at any desired donation amount.
- In Memory Membership. Family members and/or friends may elect to continue a WCF membership each year for any current or former WCF member who has passed.
The Women’s Community Foundation is growing! Since 2013, the Premier Membership donation level was introduced plus three endowment funds have been created for the benefit of the WCF to allow our members philanthropic efforts to continue in perpetuity. (See brochure for more details.)
* Jan Elizabeth Saab Endowment * Colleen McCullough Endowment * Women’s Community Fund Endowment *
2016 Membership Brochure: CLICK HERE
2016 Membership Form: CLICK HERE
WCF Policies and Procedures: CLICK HERE
WCF Advisory Board of Directors, 2016: CLICK HERE
Conflict of Interest Form: Click Here
Confidentiality Form: Click Here
CASA A Voice for Children
Lifebook Project $2,565.00
Harvey County DV/SA Task Force
Helping Harvey County Families Rebuild Lives $2,000.00
Harvey County Health Department Promoting a Healthier Harvey County through Bicycling $1,500.00
Harvey County Homeless Shelter
Resident Assistance $2,000.00
Health Ministries Clinic
Bridge to Better Health $1,500.00
Heart to Heart Child Advocacy Center
Off-Site and Backup Portable Recording Device $844.00
HOPE Home Repair
Home Repairs Emergency Fund $2,975.00
Newton Meals on Wheels
Newton Meals on Wheels $1,000.00
Summer Enrichment Activities for Kids (S.E.A.K.) $2,500.00
St. Matthews Payee Program
Dental Care Project $1,500.00
Trinity Heights Respite-Care
Parents Day Out $800.00
For 2016 WCF Grant Recipients