The Women’s Community Foundation (WCF), a local charitable “giving circle” managed by Central Kansas Community Foundation, was established to provide an avenue for women to engage in local philanthropy. Members share a belief that by working with others, instead of alone, they can maximize their efforts within the community. The motto “together, we can accomplish great things”, reinforces the notion that by pooling funds, women donors can make a significant difference in the project/programs they support within Newton and Harvey County, Kansas.
Throughout the past fifteen years, members of this “giving circle” have combined funds granting nearly $280,000 to altruistic causes such as the Agape Resource Center, HOPE Home Repair, Inc., the Harvey County Safe House, Harvey County Homeless Shelter and Newton Meals on Wheels.
The Women’s Community Foundation is growing! Since 2013, the Premier Membership donation level was introduced plus three endowment funds have been created for the benefit of the WCF to allow our members philanthropic efforts to continue in perpetuity.
- Jan Elizabeth Saab Endowment
- Colleen McCullough Endowment
- Women’s Community Fund Endowment
Currently, there are six donation levels available allowing a diverse pool of local women the ability to impact the project/programs we support in Newton and Harvey County. Donations received before September 1, 2017 will be included in the 2017 Grant Cycle.
- Contributing Membership. For those interested in donating through the WCF giving circle at any desired donation amount.
- Ms. Membership. Donation level of $125, for those 25 years and younger, includes attendance at the annual meeting, voting rights, and the opportunity to participate on a committee
- Junior Membership. Donation level of $325, for those 40 years old or younger, includes attendance at the annual membership meeting, voting rights and the opportunity to participate on a committee.
- Full Membership. Donation level of $525 – $999, includes attendance at the annual membership meeting, voting rights, and an opportunity to participate on a committee.
- Premier Membership. Donation level of $1,000 or more, includes attendance and recognition at the annual membership meeting, voting rights and the opportunity to participate on a committee. The only level of membership eligible for a symbolic gift.
- In Memory Membership. Family members and/or friends may elect to continue a WCF membership each year for any current or former WCF member who has passed.
Women’s Community Foundation Resources
2017 Membership Brochure
2017 WCF Brochure Insert
WCF Policies and Procedures
WCF Advisory Board of Directors, 2017
Conflict of Interest Form
Photo/Interview Consent Form
Minor Photo/Interview Consent Form
2016 WCF Grant Recipients
Community Chaplain Response Team
Harvey County Homeless Shelter
Health Ministries Clinic
Heart to Heart Child Advocacy Center
Kansas Learning Center for Health
Newton Meals on Wheels
Prairie View, Inc.
St. Matthew’s Payee Program
Trinity Heights Respite Care