2023 GRANT CYCLE – NOW OPEN
Now accepting applications for the 2023 Grant Cycle until September 21, 2023. To apply for a grant, fill out the application below and mail it to ECCF, PO Box 956, Howard, KS 67349.
Questions? Contact an ECCF Board member: Marcia Taylor-Trump (620-330-7721), Cathy Mitchell, Shirley Black, Dana Denton, Susan Galvan, Liz Hendricks, Kate Perkins-Whetstone, Wanda Mills-Malone, Juanita Miller, and Shari Kaminska.
Together, let’s accomplish local goals and help make community improvement dreams come true!
Elk County Youth Fund
- $1250 to Youth Baseball Programs in Longton, Grenola, Severy & Howard to be used for uniforms, field maintenance and equipment.
- $200 to sponsor two free swimming events at the Howard City Pool during its grand reopening summer.
Longton Community Impact Fund
- $450 to Longton Historical Society for Genealogy Lab Project
- $450 to Long Ball Association for ball field improvements
ECCF Operating Fund Giving Tuesday Event in collaboration with West Elk Elementary School
- $1723.50 was collected from West Elk Elementary School students for local Food Pantries
- $1136.45 was distributed to the Elk County Food Pantry
- $487.50 was distributed to the Harvest House Food Pantry
Elk County Community Response Fund
- In collaboration with CKCF and the Funders Network of Coral Gables, Florida, ECCF awarded $1000 to Elk Co Emergency Management. $300 was granted to Longton Volunteer Fire Department for a Heiman Viper 2 ½” Select Gallonage Nozzle and $700 to Elk Co Emergency Management for the design and distribution of funds for disaster response.
On March 17, 2014 the Elk County Community Foundation affiliate was formed. Please contact us if you would be interested in contributing to any of our established funds or wish to create your own. For more information, check out the Elk County Community Foundation Brochure.
Advisory Board of Directors
Marcia Taylor-Trump, Chair
- Elk County CF Operating Fund
- Elk County CF Scholarship Fund
- Elk County Community Impact Fund
- Elk County Youth Fund
- Elk County Response Fund
- Ernest Frank Horn, Jr. Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Howard City Pool Fund
- Historic Bank Building Fund
- Jim & Steve Cunningham Nursing Scholarship Fund
- Wayne & Irene Keast Family Charitable Fund
- Longton Community Impact Fund
- Howard United Methodist Church
- City of Grenola
- K-State Research and Extension-Rolling Prairie Extension District
- Elk County Ministerial Alliance
- Historic Howard Bank Building Fund
- Howard City Pool Fund
- Tri-Valley Developmental Service, Inc.
- Longton Historical Society
Patterson Family Match Events
June 1-June 30 Letter Writing Campaign followed by a phone-a-thon to raise $70,000 to match funds sponsored by the Patterson Family Foundation.
September 2023 Grand Celebration to celebrate the Patterson family matching funds and to continue raising funds to benefit the Elk County and West Elk Community and the Elk County Community Foundation.
Grants & Scholarship Information
CKCF encourages grant recipients to share the Elk County Community Foundation logo on any public event materials. This logo can be used on your organization’s website, social media accounts or event printed materials.
Contact the Elk County Community Foundation
Marcia Taylor-Trump, ECCF Chair
PO Box 956
Howard, KS 67349