Growing your foundation’s endowment by introducing philanthropic options to potential donors – this does not mean asking for money.
Indirect steps to promote your foundation’s work—these are ongoing and should include an invitation for further information.
- Tell stories of gifts in your community: grants made; donor
- “Brand” events with your foundation name as appropriate.
- Make a big deal out of awards ceremonies, otherwise known as grant presentations!
Approaches to potential donors who express interest:
- Provide written materials to potential donors, direct them to information online.
- Utilize CKCF Staff to support donor relationships and provide resources for potentials gifts. We have a shared role in building relationships.
Don’t underestimate your circle of influence!! Share your story. Share the impact of a fund – what grants has your impact fund been making? Share a donor’s legacy. These are all gateways to opening a conversation that when right, leads to others wanting to learn more. Giving takes time. Don’t worry about asking for money, share a story!!
Nurture philanthropy in the local community by planning to tell local stories of philanthropy (not to fund raise). Be intentional and discuss ideas at your annual strategic planning meeting. Here are some ideas:
- Be ready to share a story about philanthropy in your community with a clear explanation about what a community foundation is.
- Invite friends to coffee or ice cream for informal conversations about your foundation
- Visit local reading clubs to share the work being done by your foundation
- Have lunch at the local senior center to build relationships
- Share news and announcements at civic clubs and church groups
- Keep your Affiliate webpage up to date. Send CKCF office updates in the form of an attached Word document.
- Click here for How to Identify Prospective Donors
- Click here for 10 Reasons
- Click here for Ways to Give
- Marketing and Development Resource Guide
Customize it here: https://ckcf.wufoo.com/forms/funeral-home-marketing-kit/
Customize it here: https://ckcf.wufoo.com/forms/board-recruitment-marketing-kit/