With recent changes to the tax code, now is the perfect time to review your plan to ensure it achieves your goals to provide for family and to support your favorite charities.
With Charitable Planning
- Capital gains taxes can be reduced or even eliminated with proper planning.
- You create a charitable legacy supporting the causes important to you while freeing assets for family.
- The estate tax may be reduced or eliminated.
Without Charitable Planning
- Your appreciated assets face a capital gains tax of up to 20% or more.
- Your charitable legacy ends when you pass away; your family receives less and may have to pay more in taxes.
- Your estate may pay a tax of up to 40%.
You might think providing a meaningful charitable legacy means asking your family to sacrifice its inheritance, but nothing could be further from the truth. The key to giving more to your family is to pay less in taxes. By including a charity like ours in your plans, you can avoid or significantly reduce taxes, leaving more for your loved ones. You can also create a lasting charitable legacy by continuing your giving for decades to come. Just a little planning can make a big difference.
Don’t define your legacy by how much you paid in taxes, but by how well you cared for your family and continued your charitable works beyond your lifetime. We have simple, easy tools that can help you reduce taxes, increase income and leave more for your loved ones. Call or email us for a free, no-obligation look at all we can do for you and your family. ◊