Mark your calendars for upcoming events in our affiliate communities. We hope you have a chance to stop by and meet the people who are making a difference.
Central Kansas Community Foundation Host Events
CKCF is hosting five in-person (also available online through ZOOM) sessions to train users to use Foundant Technologies program CSuite. Donors, Fund Advisors (previously known as Fund Representative), Nonprofit Organizations that have funds with CKCF, Affiliate Board Members, & Staff should plan to attend.
- CANCELLED February 25, 2020, 4:00 PM, Peabody | Peabody Library Ann Potter Room, 216 N Walnut – Enter on the north side and go downstairs. It is accessible with an elevator from the north entrance.
- March 3, 2020, 5:00 PM, El Dorado | El Dorado City Commission Meeting Room in the Administration Building at 220 E. 1st St. – Enter through the front door and turn right into the room.
- March 5, 2020, 11:00 AM , Howard | Howard United Methodist Church, 815 E. Randolph St.
- ADDED March 5, 2020, 4:00 PM, Peabody | Peabody Library Ann Potter Room, 216 N Walnut – Enter on the north side and go downstairs. It is accessible with an elevator from the north entrance.
- March 10, 2020,7:30 AM, Newton | Hutchinson Community College, 203 E Broadway St.
- March 10, 2020, 5:00 PM, Hesston | Hesston Public Library, 300 N Main St.
Affiliate Foundation Events
Saturday, March 21, 5:30 PM | SHAMROCK FEST, Fredonia Area Community Foundation, Fredonia VFW Hall
Mark your calendars for this year’s Giving Tuesday campaign. Give back to your favorite charity November 28, 2017. For more information, visit www.givenownewton.org.
Central Kansas Community Foundation will play host to its 19 affiliates August 24 at the Kansas Learning Center for Health in Halstead, Kansas. For more information and to register, click the link below.
2017 Affiliate Summit
Central Kansas Community Foundation and regional affiliate foundations will honor the 2017 scholarship recipients at the Regional Scholarship Awards Ceremony, Friday, July 21, 21017 from 5:30 – 8:00 PM at the Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Newton. Please plan to join us! Click the link below for more information.
Regional Scholarship Awards Ceremony Information
The Halstead Community Foundation (HCF), an affiliate of Central Kansas Community Foundation, announces that its 2017 Grant applications will be accepted starting May 1, 2017. All 501 (c) (3) charitable organizations serving the community of Halstead are encouraged to apply. The purpose of these grants is to invest in local service and community project/programs that focus on the enhancement of the Halstead community.
The 2017 Halstead Community Foundation Grant cycle aims to support organizations with project/programs that directly impact the community of Halstead. The project/program should be designed to meet a need or enhance Halstead. Approximately $8,300 in grant monies are available for distribution this year through the Halstead Community Foundation Grant cycle:
- The Halstead Impact Fund has approximately $4,800 available for the purpose of supporting charitable project/programs that benefit those in the Halstead
- The Kansas Health Foundation Fund-Halstead has approximately $3,500 to underwrite solutions to local health issues and for the protection and promotion of the health and well-being of individuals and their communities through the encouragement of healthy lifestyles, behaviors, and environments.
Applications are available for electronic submission at www.centralkansascf.org. Deadline for submission is May 31, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Grants will be awarded Friday, August 11, 2017 at an event sponsored by HCF.
For more information, please contact Mary K Bean, HCF Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-680-6271; or Brenda Sooter, CKCF Program Officer – Grants, at Brendasooter@centralkansascf.org or 316-283-5474.
Central Kansas Community Foundation and its regional affiliate partners have opened their scholarship cycles. Please visit the following page fore more information on what scholarships are available and how you can apply.