Your donation can stay right in your community!
Type in the name of your county/town or community in the comment box before checking out.
In addition to online donations, you may direct your check to the following address. Again, if you with to direct your donation to stay in your community, please write your community name in the memo of your check.
Central Kansas Community Foundation
301 N Main, Suite 200
Newton, KS 67114
Central Kansas Community Relief Fund
Central Kansas Community Foundation has activated the Central Kansas Community Relief Fund to provide funding in support of the relief efforts surrounding COVID-19 in our communities (MAP).
Why make a donation to the Community Relief Fund?
- We have a sophisticated and coordinated disaster response plan to support our communities. We will leverage our relationships with local community response officials and our charitable organizations to determine the greatest need throughout the event, beginning, middle and end. Your donation will always be serving those in the greatest need.
- We maintain a fluid response effort. As things change in our communities, so do we. Leadership continually evaluates the need to activate local relief funds at the affiliate community level.
- We have a personal connection with more than 400 charities in the counties we serve. Earlier this week we distributed a needs assessment to more than 400 charities in our communities. We have begun to establish priority need, though this will be an ongoing effort.
- We can grant to any 501 (c)(3) and other tax-exempt entity This includes city and county government, educational institutions and churches responding to the effects of COVID-19.
- We can distribute grants very quickly. As needs are identified, funding in the form of grants will be given to qualifying 501 (c)(3) organizations serving our most vulnerable populations. We have a team of reviewers working around the clock to approve dispersion of funds.
- We are a community leader and convener. In addition to accepting donations, CKCF has established an effort to list all organizational needs and resources and make this public to our generous donors and support organizations. More information for the COVID-19 CHARITABLE NEEDS LIST will be made available on our response webpage in the coming days.
CKCF COVID-19 Response Team
Executive Director and Response Management
PPREP Grant Coordinator and Affiliate Response
Grants Officer and Charity Needs and Requests Coordinator
Updates and Recent Communications
CKCF Recieves $50,000 in Funding from the Harvey County Commissioners for COVID-19 Relief Efforts – Click Here to View Release
Recent Foundation Communications (Constant Contact)
Central Kansas Community Relief Fund Open for Donations: https://conta.cc/2WteBsw
Central Kansas Relief Fund – Affiliate Update: https://conta.cc/2x8NqJb
CKCF COVID-19 Response: https://conta.cc/3b5idoR
Foundation Events Cancelled through mid-May
In light of the recent recommendations of the CDC for health and safety, all foundation events through mid-May have been cancelled. For any events that are postponed, dates will be confirmed at a later time. CKCF Events Page
Central Kansas Community Relief Fund Grant Application
COVID- 19 Charity Needs Assessment (03/17/20)
A needs assessment was sent to more than 400 charities in our service region to determine extent of need during the next 60 days. We plan to use this information to determine what kind of resources and how much additional funding is needed to continue serving vulnerable populations during this time and if it warrants our action in activating our emergency disaster funding plan. In addition, we will set up an online COVID-19 CHARITABLE NEEDS LIST to promote the needs of our organizations, as well as resources they may have to offer, through our online channels using the information the provide in the needs assessment.
Updates During Lunch 3/23-3/27
Join us for updates daily! It’s a great way to connect and be in the loop about our Foundation’s effort to provide relief during this time!
CKCF Operations During COVID-19 Pandemic
CKCF staff is operating remotely by phone and by Zoom meetings during this time. The office location at 301 N Main, Newton, has been closed. We encourage you to reach our staff by cell phone or by e-mail during this time as we will not be answering the main office phone. Should you have an immediate need to meet with one of our staff members in person or make a transaction at the office location, please contact Angie Tatro at (316) 239-9451 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will connect you with the appropriate staff person to meet your needs.
Angie Tatro – (316) 239-9451, email@example.com
Kristie Diller – (620) 217-1196, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Critchfield – (316) 217-1150, email@example.com
Melinda Newell – (316) 282-2361, firstname.lastname@example.org
Becky Nickel – (620) 951-4022, email@example.com
Susan Lamb – (620) 327-2422, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Bridgeman – (316) 706-7841, email@example.com