CKCF is the trusted local foundation in Central Kansas that meets accreditation criteria for National Standards of U.S. Community Foundations®—the highest standards for philanthropic excellence. Based in Newton, Kansas, its mission is to build stronger communities through charitable giving and to strengthen communities by serving local affiliates in Central Kansas.
CKCF HOSTS 20 affiliate foundations under its 501 (c) (3), not for profit status.
A HOST Foundation like CKCF provides back-office accounting and organizational support as the legal entity to its affilites
Frequently Asked Questions
CKCF provides structure and support to its affiliate foundations:
- Maintains the 501 (c) (3), not-for-profit status
- Manages the investment of charitable funds
- Issues official tax receipts for donations and handles accounting
- Oversees grant and scholarship selection and awards
- Provides legal services and insurance protection
- Provides marketing avenues via website
- Please click here for more detail
CKCF staff are located at the Newton Office, 301 N. Main, Ste. 200.
In the spirit of stewardship of resources, the Executive Director is the only 40-hour full-time employee. The remaining employees work on a limited part-time basis.