November 27, 2018, Giving Tuesday 2018
WHAT IS #GIVINGTUESDAY?
We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals. Now, we have #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back. On Tuesday, November 27, 2018, charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.
It’s a simple idea. Just find a way for your family, your community, your company or your organization to come together to give something more. Then tell everyone you can about how you are giving. Join us and be a part of a global celebration of a new tradition of generosity.
12:00 am to 12:00 pm November 27th – 24 hours of giving.
What is Newton Doing?
Change for Charities – The 40 participating charities listed below will share equally in the proceeds collected during the month of November. Drop off change or a check at your financial institution and make a difference in our community.
Social Media – Check out FaceBook, Twitter and LinkedIn for promotions from participating charities to see meaningful messages about their impact in Newton. Be sure to #GiveNowNewton and #GivingTuesday.
Open Houses – Be sure to check in with charities that matter to you about their #GivingTuesday plan. Many are hosting an Open House at their location as a way to show off their programs and services. Visitors will have the chance to learn more about the mission, outcomes and difference each charity makes in the community.
Community Celebration – A Community Celebration on Thursday, November 30, at 9:30 am at Newton Recreation Commission will wrap up all the month’s activities. Results of the day of giving and recognitions will be announced at that event.
Big Brothers Big Sisters | Chris Allen
CASA | Sandra Bradley
Central Kansas Community Foundation | Brenda Sooter
Harvey County United Way | Tina Payne
Health Ministries Clinic | Matthew Schmidt
Newton Community | Kathy Stucky
Newton Recreation Center | Lori Hein
Peace Connections | Jennifer Rose
Prairie View, Inc. | Tyra Streck
Trinity Heights Respite Care | Connie Rickard
Change for Charities | Participating Banks and Credit Unions
Bank of the West | Central National Bank | The Citizens State Bank | Community National Bank
First Bank | Heartland Credit Union | Midland National Bank | White Eagle Credit Union
List of participating GiveNow|Newton Charities 2017
- Agape Resource Center
- American Cancer Society – Relay for Life
- Asbury Park
- Caring Hands Humane Society
- Carriage Factory Art Gallery
- CASA: A Voice for Children
- Central Kansas Community Foundation
- Community Playschool, Inc.
- Friends of Harvey County ERT, Inc.
- Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland
- Grand Central
- Harvey County Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Harvey County Habitat for Humanity
- Harvey County Health Department
- Harvey County Historical Museum
- Harvey County Special Olympics
- Harvey County United Way
- Health Ministries Clinic
- Heart to Heart Child Advocacy Center
- Heartland Pregnancy Care and Family Life Services
- Kansas Christian Home
- Kansas Learning Center for Health
- Kauffman Museum
- Kidron Bethel Village
- Lil’Bits of Love Miniature Therapy Horses, Inc.
- New Hope Shelter
- Newton Community Children’s Choir
- Newton Meals on Wheels
- Newton Medical Center
- Newton Mid-KS Symphony Orchestra Assoc.
- Newton Presbyterian Manor
- Offender Victim Ministries
- Peace Connections
- Prairie Independent Living Resource Center, Inc.
- Prairie View, Inc.
- Second Century Library Foundation
- Sound of Heartland Ensemble
- Trinity Heights Respite Care
This giving season is a great time to fulfill a WISH for a local charity.
2018-2019 Newton Charities Wish Book (updated June 2018)
Make a Wish Come True for a Charity Listed in the Wish Book!