November 28, 2017, Giving Tuesday 2017
WHAT IS #GIVINGTUESDAY?
We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals. Now, we have #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back. On Tuesday, November 28, 2017, charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.
It’s a simple idea. Just find a way for your family, your community, your company or your organization to come together to give something more. Then tell everyone you can about how you are giving. Join us and be a part of a global celebration of a new tradition of generosity.
12:00 am to 12:00 pm November 28th – 24 hours of giving.
What is Newton Doing?
Details Coming Soon!!!
Central Kansas Community Foundation | Angie Tatro
Harvey County United Way | Tina Payne
Health Ministries Clinic | Matthew Schmidt
Newton Now | Adam Strunk
Newton Recreation Center | Lori Hein
Peace Connections | Jennifer Rose
Prairie View, Inc. | Tyra Streck
Women’s Community Foundation | Jennifer Vogts
Change for Charities | Participating Banks and Credit Unions
Bank of the West | Central National Bank | The Citizens State Bank | Community National Bank
First Bank | Heartland Credit Union | Midland National Bank | White Eagle Credit Union
List of participating GiveNow|Newton Charities 2017
- Agape Resource Center
- American Cancer Society – Relay for Life
- Asbury Park
- Caring Hands Humane Society
- Carriage Factory Art Gallery
- CASA: A Voice for Children
- Central Kansas Community Foundation
- Community Playschool, Inc.
- Friends of Harvey County ERT, Inc.
- Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland
- Grand Central
- Harvey County Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Harvey County Habitat for Humanity
- Harvey County Health Department
- Harvey County Historical Museum
- Harvey County Special Olympics
- Harvey County United Way
- Health Ministries Clinic
- Heart to Heart Child Advocacy Center
- Heartland Pregnancy Care and Family Life Services
- Kansas Christian Home
- Kansas Learning Center for Health
- Kauffman Museum
- Kidron Bethel Village
- Lil’Bits of Love Miniature Therapy Horses, Inc.
- New Hope Shelter
- Newton Community Children’s Choir
- Newton Meals on Wheels
- Newton Medical Center
- Newton Mid-KS Symphony Orchestra Assoc.
- Newton Presbyterian Manor
- Offender Victim Ministries
- Peace Connections
- Prairie Independent Living Resource Center, Inc.
- Prairie View, Inc.
- Second Century Library Foundation
- Sound of Heartland Ensemble
- Trinity Heights Respite Care
This giving season is a great time to fulfill a WISH for a local charity.
In an effort to build stronger communities CKCF is creating the “Charities Wish Book” for organizations that are located in and/or serve Newton.
2016-2017 Newton Charities Wish Book (updated 6/8/2017)
Make a Wish Come True for a Charity Listed in the Wish Book!